Rosemary, Lemon, Honey & Macadamia Oil Cake Recipe
The rosemary is a taste sensation in this lemon and honey cake. Macadamia oil and ground almonds add a humble nutty flavor to the cake and help keep it moist yet light.
Prep time: 15 mins + 1 hr cook
For the Cake:
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup organic golden sugar
- 2 lemons - 1 zested, 2 juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 sprigs Rosemary - finely chopped
- ½ cup macadamia nut oil
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
For the Glaze:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp Manuka Honey
- 2 Tbsp rum
- Rosemary sprigs to garnish
Serve with Vanilla Bean Icecream. We baked the cake in a springform pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 8 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add macadamia oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold through sifted flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the honey glaze. In a saucepan over a medium heat bring the honey, rum and lemon juice to a gentle simmer. Give it a stir and take off the heat.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake while it’s hot. Remove from the tin once cool and dot with some rosemary sprigs.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.