Chocolate Easter Waffles
These homemade coconut milk chocolate waffles are light and sweet and perfect to serve for breakfast or brunch. How about enjoying them with your family at Easter? Simply delicious!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
For The Waffle Mixture:
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Ground Mixed Spice
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs, separated
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- ½ cup Airborne Manuka Squeeze
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 50g Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mixed Berries
- Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder, cocoa, mixed spice and sugar in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the flour mixture to combine.
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Cook the waffles.
- While the waffles are cooking, make the chocolate sauce. Place the honey, cocoa powder and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3- 4 minutes or until syrupy.
- Serve waffles with ice-cream, chopped dark chocolate, berries and chocolate sauce.